Monday, December 13, 2004

A really juicy sandwich

Ok I am awake. With a headache above my neck.

You can't help really, if you live next to a battlefield everyday - and "next to" only because one side has the kindness to insist that war takes place only on a low-volume basis. Still, you really can't help, but to hear and to know just about everything. And the worst part about wars is not the fighting at the frontline - there, the worst that can happen would be to die (well, let's pretend losing a limb isn't worse off..). But if you are just a civilian o
n either side, or worse - in the middle (!!), you have to bear the brunt of the shrapnel from both sides. How's that for a really juicy double-slice power-packed sandwich?

And no, I am definitely not immune to this. Despite having gone through 101 battles as a civilian perc
hed precariously in the center, I must say I am still not quite sure if I am glad to be alive. A broken arm, a black eye, some stab wounds, what have you?

But oh well, as they say, life must go on. So here am I, on a beautiful Monday morning, rattling away with myself, trying to sort out the madness hovering beneath my skull. Oh yes, have a good morning ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home