Monday, April 18, 2005

Open letter to God

God, I feel so lost. I know what I need to do yet I am not doing it. I know what I must do to get to what I need to do yet I am not doing it. I know what I should do to get to what I must do to get to what I need to do yet I am not doing it. I am lost yet I don't want to be lost.

God, you know everything. You know what I am going to say even before I put my thoughts into words. You know what I will do or not do even if you grant me free will. You know what I am feeling now even before I plead for Your mercy. God, would you please grant me manna and save my wretched soul?

God, I am needy. I know there are many around who are even more needy than I, yet I still feel needy. God, you know I am a good person and righteous in my own ways. You know how my heart goes out to those who are less fortunate than I. You know how much I love to help them. You must surely know how lacking my resources are too. Help me please God, for I am sorely needy.

God, I know you know this, but I want to remind you anyway - God, I am a mere mortal living in this earthly world. I am weak and I get disappointed too. When faced with things I have no control over, my faith and confidence will waver too. I poured my trust and hope and wish in you yet I am still left wanting.
God, I don't know how much longer I can hold on.

God, I tell myself you are there even though I do not know your name. I tell myself you are real even though I have not seen your face. I tell myself I can't be wrong since I have done many things only miracles can achieve. But God, I am weak, please make me strong. Please help me achieve what I yearn to achieve. Please help me make everything right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Doll said...

That's sad in a beautiful way.

Gorgeous....

4:26 PM  
Blogger I speak with my voice said...

Oh gosh... beautiful... Hmm...

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home